16 Jun 2011
- Updated the web site to the latest TNG software
- Update cemeteries so that the search form and reports are now available in both English and French
6 Jun 2011
- Added information to our World War II Veterans who served in the U.S. Navy based on the ship rosters becoming available recently
11 Oct 2010
- Updated the look and feel of the web site to use different colors for the veteran and cemetery sections of the web site and provide expandible and collapsible menus in the left sidebar
- Added Christ Church cemetery from information provided by Carol Pelletier
- Added St Eutrope Cemetery from information provided by Walter Fournier
11 Nov 2009
- Added a database of veterans from Northern Aroostook County in Maine who served in World War II that can be searched for details on the veterans service.
17 Sep 2009
- Added Age Calculation to the Individual genealogy page displays.
29 Jun 2009
- Started adding signatures of our ancestors to their genealogy page.
3 May 2008
- Completed the Relationship Charts on how the early pioneers are related to myself or my wife, which are anchored under the early Pioneers in Quebec and Acadia on my Home page.
27 April 2008
- Added list of early pioneers in our database who walked with Champlain.
- Started generated Relationship Charts on how the early pioneers are related to myself or my wife, which are anchored under the early Pioneers in Quebec and Acadia on my Home page.
21 April 2008
- Updated the Home page to add a link to the Northern New York American Canadian Genealogical Society web site list of pioneers in Quebec and Acadia who walked with Champlain.
- Split Militiary Histories from Histories media type records.
19 January 2008
- Added translations for the Original Records.
- Updated the TNG software to version 6.2.0 which now provides a thumbnail image browser.
- Updated the St Louis Cemetery in Fort Kent, Maine to include 1976, 1977, 1978, 2005, and 2006 burials.
1 January 2008
- Added photos of Northern Maine cemeteries and churches page 1 and page 2 and Canadian cemeteries and churches page 1 and page 2 taken by Geraldine Chassé and Rachel (Chassé) DeFarges in the Summer of 1978.
- Updated the Northern Maine Cemeteries page to include links to the photos taken by Geraldine Chassé and Rachel (Chassé) DeFarges.
12 December 2007
- Added a Google Map of the Northern Maine Cemeteries that does not show a headstone list for the individual cemeteries.
- Added individual cemetery Google Map that does not show a headstone list, for example Ste Luce Cemetery.
17 November 2007
11 November 2007
11 October 2007
- Added the St Louis Cemetery in Fort Kent, Maine to the site based on the Simone Levesque's work.
- Updated the Research Resources page to include the New Brunswick Provincial Archives and the Bibliothèque et Archives nationale du Québec.
- Updated the Cemeteries page to link in all the searchable cemetery databases.
6 October 2007
- Added the St Paul Congregational Cemetery in St Francis, Maine to the site based on Carol Pelletier's work. Also added photos courtesy of Don Raymond.
- Added a Old St Louis Cemetery in Fort Kent, Maine to the site based on work done by Penny (Gail) Laporte and web site listing by Norma Kennedy Plourde.
- Added photos courtesy of Don Raymond for the gravestones in the St Joseph Cemetery in Sinclair, Maine to the site.
28 July 2007
- Added the St Joseph Cemetery in Sinclair, Maine to the site based on Walter Fournier's work.
- Added a veterans index page to link all veteran information on the site.
19 July 2007
28 June 2007
13 April 2007
- Updated the Site menu pulldown and added the pulldown menu option to several pages to facilitate navigating the site.
- Updated the site How to Navigate the genealogy help page.
- Thanks to Joan Lozier, linked the Fort Kent Lozier families, descendant of Robert Roy dit Lauzier and Malvina McGough, into the Antoine Roy dit Desjardins family tree.
31 March 2007
- Added link to Google Map icon legend to allow download of Google Earth software.
17 March 2007
- Updated the google map displays to show place level and to add zoom control so that hybrid and satellite maps would display correctly where maps did not provide the level of zoom detail.
- Added the google earth option to the individual Events list display.
3 March 2007
- Added image viewer capability that allows pan and zoom in large images like census images.
14 January 2007
- Upgraded to TNG 6.0.4
- Added a How do You navigate on our site page that shows how to access descendant and ancestor information and how to use the new google maps.
29 December 2006
- Thanks to Don Raymond, a very brief history of the Holy Family Parish in Daigle, Maine, its pastors, cemetery photos, a cemetery plot map, and a database search of the Holy Family Cemetery has been added to the web site. The details page from the cemetery search results includes a link to the photo of the tombstone provided by Don Raymond, if the tombstone still exists.
- Thanks to Don Raymond, also for the photos of the Ste Luce tombstone, which are being added to the web site and shown on the details page from the cemetery search results if the tombstone still exists and the photo has been added.
9 December 2006
- TNG Version 6 added latitude and longitude fields to the Places table. Added a Google Map display on the person's page if the event location contains a latitude and longitude and started updated those fields for Places. Not all locations have the latitude and longitude information in my database at this time.
19 November 2006
- Added map of old Québec counties extracted from Jeanne Sauve White's Guide to Québec Catholic Parishes and Published Parish Marriage Records and provided by Helen M. Hanson.
3 November 2006
27 October 2006
- Added photo links to gravestones in Ste Luce Cemetery, where one is available. If you have photos of your ancestor's gravestone, please send them to me. Thanks.
- Added photo links to military service plaques in Ste Luce Cemetery, where one is available. If you have photos of your ancestor's military service plaque, please send them to me. Thanks.
26 September 2006
- Upgraded to TNG Version 6 which allows users to bookmark individual pages and view a list of their saved bookmarks
- Version 6 also improved the encryption of user passwords to MD5.
- Version 6 also added descendancy charts, which provide a graphical view of descendants in either a Larger View or Smaller View as well as the previous Text View.
- Version 6 also provides pulldown menus on each page under Find, Media, and Info, and allows for language switching using the pulldown language selector.
11 August 2006
- Added an captcha interface to the Suggest and User Registration forms to reduce spam emails.
- Recently Allen J. Voisine provided me a copy of an article by Denis Beauregard Qui sont les parents de Jean Baptiste Roy dit Desjardins that was published in les Mémoires de la Société Généalogique canadienne-française (MSGCF). Volume 55,numéro 4, cahier 242, hiver 2004 on pages 296-298, that challenges the original work of Cyprien Tanguay in his Dictionnaire généalogique des Familles Canadiennes depuis la Fondation de la Colonie jusqu'à nos jours and subsequently that of Father Georges Desjardins, s.j. in his book Antione Roy dit Desjardins (1635-1684) et ses descendants, Editions du Bien Public, 1971 and that of Bertrand Desjardins in his Dictionnaire généalogique du Québec ancien: des origines à 1765, CD published by Gaetan Morin, editeur in Montreal in 2003.
Based on the article published by Denis Beauregard, Jean Baptiste le cadet married to Marie Josephe Paradis belongs to Jean Baptiste Roy and Marie Madeleine Michaud's family and not to Pierre Roy and Marie Anne Bouchard de Serre's family.
Furthermore, when I looked up the baptismal entries cited by Monsieur Beauregard in his article in the St Louis de Kamouraska parish registers, the entry for Joseph Roy born and baptized on 22 Jul 1754 had as godfather Joseph Marie Roy, his uncle. Since there is no Joseph Marie in Pierre Roy and Marie Anne Bouchard de Serre's family, this additional fact lends additional credance to Monsieur Beauregard's claim.
Therefore, I have decided to follow Monsieur Denis Beauregard's research and re-align these two families. I have added a second Jean Baptiste Roy to Jean Baptiste Roy and Marie Madeleine Michaud's family, removed the marriage to Marie Josephe Paradis from the Jean Baptiste Roy in Pierre Roy and Marie Anne Bouchard de Serre's family, and added the marriage to Marie Josephe Paradis and their childred to the second Jean Baptiste Roy in Jean Baptiste Roy and Marie Madeleine Michaud's family.
Note that Jean Baptiste Roy married to Marie Josephe Roy is shown in Father Georges Desjardins' book, Antoine Roy dit Desjardins (1635-1684) et ses descendants on page 95 as the son of Pierre Roy and Marie Anne Bouchard de Serre and likewise in the 1994 Roy Family Reunion Genealogy Number 33 on page 5 and page 22.
4 August 2006
29 June 2006
- Added an Acadian location page
- Updated the genealogy database to standardize Acadian location names
18 June 2006
- Updated home page to show the top 100 surnames in my database
- Added links to key Acadian web sites
- Updated the genealogy database to start adding Residence information to individuals based on census information
10 May 2006
- Updated the genealogy database to standardize the locations in France using the convention of parish, commune, department, and region
- Added a page that explains the current locations in France and shows the relationships between Anciennes Provinces, Communes et Départements de France.
4 May 2006
- Updated the genealogy database to add Military Service Facts
- Added Military Service reports in TNG which are accessible from our Military Veterans page as well as the TNG reports page.
2 May 2006
- Upgraded TNG software to fix minor bugs
and formatting changes, for example the source formatting on the Individual display was changed to make citations more readable.
- Added Civil War Veterans report.
- Added Vietnam War Veterans report. Living veterans are not shown except to logged in Users who can see those living veterans within their branch of our family tree.
19 April 2006
- Updated the genealogy database to add U.S.A. to locations for our international visitors.
- Started standardizing locations in France to parish, commune, department, region, country
2 April 2006
- Added a zoom capability that automatically displays documents in an inline frame and allows both documents and photos to be displayed in a separate window with zoom capability.
- Updated the genealogy database to correct some discrepancies and add birth, baptism, and marriage documentation.
24 March 2006
- Added map of Vietnam with popups were U.S. troops were in February 1968 and where some of our relatives and friends served.
- Added Thanksgiving Day menu saved by Claude M. Roy when he served in CCC at Camp Bear Brook in Suncook, New Hampshire.
18 March 2006
- Added links to Marriages for Ste Luce on the Upper St. John Valley web site.
- Added an Index for the Ste Luce information on both this site and the Upper St John Valley web site.
5 March 2006
- Added article on My Roy Ancestors that was initially published in the St. John Valley Times on June 29, 1994.
- Updated genealogy database to correct notes and sources.
28 February 2006
- Added an index to the Ste Luce pages that shows the Ste Luce information available on this site as well as on the Upper St. John Valley web site.
- Updated some of the Ste Luce pages to add a print capability that eliminates the left menu when printing.
- Updated our Military Veterans page to add more information and other veterans.
25 February 2006
- Updated the TNG software which now provides a criterion for searching on Spouse's Last Name in the advanced search. You can also request that the search display birth, death, and spouse information from the advanced search by checking the boxes at the bottom of the form.
23 February 2006
- Updated Our Military Veteran Relatives page to add additional information.
- Added a my medal rack on the Military Veteran Relatives page with a link to the Ultimate Rack where you veterans can go build your own rack.
19 February 2006
- Updated database to add new information on our ancestors.
- Updated Our Military Veteran Relatives page.
- Added a simple search for the Ste Luce Cemetery that allows searching for all occurences of a last name amongst the last name of the buried person, his/her spouse's last name, maiden name, father's last name and mother's last name columns if the information is available.
- Updated the Advanced Search for the Ste Luce Cemetery to provide both a standard and extended report format.
- Added a Cemetery Detail Report to display all the information in the headstone database, including links to additional information on the person or family in the Roy and Boucher genealogy database, as well as external links to additional information on the person.
5 February 2006
- Updated database to add Elias Babbin's ancestors.
- Updated database to add Christie Dévost's ancestors.
- Updated database to add several birth and baptism dates from the baptism search on the Upper St. John Valley web site.
3 February 2006
1 February 2006
30 January 2006
- Added map of Frenchville with popups on lots which show the 1844 land survey information provided on the Upper St. John Valley web site.
- Added map of l'Ile d'Orleans of 1709 with popups on lots where our ancestors lived in the late 1600s and early 1700s.
28 January 2006
27 January 2006
- Replaced French Home Page with corrections provided by Francis Amar.
- Replaced genealogy database with French accents used in names. Added Denis Roy dit Voisine (I19021) and his Descendants provided by Sara Roy to Germain Guy Roy (I2922) dit Lauzier's family.
26 January 2006
24 January 2006
23 January 2006
20 January 2006
19 January 2006
- Added the Cemetery Search for the existing headstones in the Ste Luce Cemetery.
- Added the French version of the Cemetery Search for the existing headstones in the Ste Luce Cemetery.
4 January 2006
- Added the TNG print capability to the genealogy portion of the web site.
14 December 2005
- Added an alphabetic listing of the existing headstones in the Ste Luce Cemetery.
- Added a Most Wanted page to the Roy and Boucher Family genealogy site.
6 December 2005
21 November 2005